Home / Monitoring Services
Sigma’s state of the art monitoring centre is unique and meets a high standard of technical, operating and administrative competencies. Incorporating back up systems, independent power supplies and backup communication network, our monitoring staff can respond, should an alarm be activated, putting in place your pre-requested action plan.
Our staffs are highly trained professionals skilled to respond to any situation received. Extensive ongoing training ensures that Sigma personnel are ready to respond to situations.
Benefits and Services
- Notify callouts, fire, police, ambulance and security patrol response as per prerequisite plan
- Personal safety response in hold ups, duress and medical emergencies
- Alarm, Attendance and Access monitoring
- Security Monitoring
- Plant and Equipment Monitoring
- Technical Support
Having an alarm panel in your
property that triggers a siren simply is not enough. A
monitored alarm system for your property
provides greater protection of things precious to you -
life and property. Whether you're at your premises or away, you
can have confidence knowing that Sigma is prepared and
dedicated to quick response when emergency police, fire,
or medical assistance is
Monitored Alarm System is Better
Alarm monitoring maximizes
the value of your home security system.
accurate emergency information at their fingertips, our
professional operators quickly determine your needs and
send help. Once a situation is received, it takes just seconds for Sigma to notify
appropriate police, fire, or medical emergency response
teams of any breach in the security of your
property and safety of your family /
Alarm monitoring helps
eliminate expensive and wasteful false
Professional security monitoring
significantly reduces false alarm dispatches by
utilizing Sigma's comprehensive verification
An alarm monitoring service
virtually pays for itself.
realize the exceptional value of a monitored home alarm
system and will reward you for an investment in property
security. Placing a monitored alarm system in your
residence / business could mean up to an annual 20%
discount on your property insurance.
What Happens When Your Alarm System Sounds?
When an alarm signal is
received into our Monitoring Center, Sigma will:
- Attempt to call the premises’ telephone number to
make sure everything is all right. Upon verification
of your pass code and assurance from you that help
is not needed, Sigma will cancel the dispatch
- If our Monitoring Center operator does not receive
verbal assurance with a valid pass code, then
emergency personnel will be dispatched for
When a signal is received into our
Monitoring Center, Sigma will attempt to contact the
premises to make sure everything is all right. If there
is no answer, emergency personnel will be dispatched
A call is placed
by our Monitoring Center to verify that a medical
emergency is in progress. If we cannot contact the
premises, an ambulance will be dispatched.
pass code is required.
Silent Panic Signal.
personnel are dispatched immediately.
What You Should Do
- Don't Panic
- Follow your emergency action plan.
- Don't panic.
- Follow your emergency action plan.
- If the alarm activation was accidental, carefully
disarm your system per your system instructions.
- After you've reset the system, DO NOT call
Sigma. Wait for the Sigma Monitoring Center
to call you to verify the alarm status. Be ready
with your pass code.
- Don't leave your home or business until you've
spoken with the Sigma Monitoring Center and assured
us there is no emergency.
If your alarm goes off accidentally, DO NOT
attempt to call Sigma. Our Monitoring Center
will contact you. When we try to contact your premises,
if there is no answer or the line is busy, emergency
personnel will be dispatched. That is why it is so
important to wait until we call you —
give us your pass code and assurance that everything is
all right, and no dispatch will be made.
False Alarm Protection
Did you know that 75% of all false alarms are caused
by owner error1? False alarms result in a
response from the police or fire department when
there is no emergency and cause the following:
- Take police or fire professionals away from
- Create a nuisance for you and your neighbours.
- Make you reluctant to use your security system.
- Cost you money through false-alarm fees.
- Familiarize yourself with the how-to operation of
your system and its features.
- Read and retain the operator’s manual for your
- Make sure everyone who has a key to your home knows
how to operate the security system.
- Rehearse alarm cancellation procedures with everyone
who might use your system.
- If your system does not seem to be working properly,
call Sigma immediately.
- Call Sigma if you change your phone number or plan
- Test your alarm system regularly.
Testing Your Alarm System
Regular testing of your security system can help ensure
its proper operation at the time of an emergency and
help prevent false alarms. Sigma recommends that
customers test their systems at least once per month.
To test your security system, call Sigma at 675 0450. A
Customer Service representative will give you
instructions on how to test your system.
To avoid a false alarm, notify Sigma when you
will be testing your system to prevent the
Monitoring Center from dispatching authorities to
respond to the alarm signal.